Financial » Financial Aid » FAQs

How can a student apply their Federal VA benefits?

Veterans, reservist, and dependents of Veterans should contact the JSCC VA Coordinator at (205) 856-7951 or email: VA@ jeffstateonline.com to establish their federal VA benefits.

 The appropriate VA forms must be submitted when beginning the Federal VA benefits process:

 Chapters 33-30-1606-1607(REAP) (Veterans)

 Chapter 35(Dependents of a Veteran)

 Students under the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31) must apply through the Department of Veteran Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor first and submit a 22-1905 to the JSCC VA office.

In addition to completing the above mentioned forms, each student must submit a JSCC Statement of Understanding and a Request for Certification of Educational Benefits forms each semester to receive their VA Educational Benefits.