Financial » Financial Aid » FAQs

How do I apply for federal aid?

If you wish to be considered for any federal Aid program, including loans, work-study and need based grants, you must complete the FREE APPLICITONA FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. Completing this application is only the first step in applying for aid.

  1. You will need to refer to your current federal tax returns for completing the FAFSA.
  2. Jefferson State School code is 001022
  3. Make sure you have applied for admissions to Jefferson State Community College so that when your FAFSA is sent to us we will be able to process your aid. If we do not have an admission or readmission application on file we cannot process your federal aid.