Jefferson State Community College scholarships are open to students entering as freshman, currently enrolled students and to students who transfer to other colleges and universities. Either the Donor or the Student Assistance and Scholarship Committee establishes the selection criteria.
Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship
(2015 Deadline has expired)
- Scholarships are awarded on yearly basis.
- Shall not exceed one year.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA after two semesters of enrollment.
- Completed 24 hours at Jefferson State Community College.
- Student must exemplify servant leadership, based on resume, essay, and 2 letters of recommendation.
High School Students
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher at the end of their 1st semester senior year
- 22 or higher on their ACT
- Applied for admission to Jefferson State for the fall 2015
- Submit a copy of their high school transcripts showing their grades and GPA after the first semester of their senior year.
Current Jefferson State students - 2015 Deadline has expired.
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- must have completed 12 or more credit hours at Jefferson State
All applicants must attach a two-page essay and one recommendation to the scholarship application.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham has been gracious to provide three (3) two-year UAB Honors Choice Scholarship valued at $3,000.00($1500.00 per year) to Jefferson State Community College students.
Only students who have been admitted to UAB with a grade point average of at least a 3.5 on a 4.0 academic scale and demonstrate leadership qualities are eligible to apply.
Students must complete the JSCC Transfer Scholarship application which can be obtained from the JSCC webpage under the financial tab. Applications with the additional required documents must be returned to the JSCC financial aid office to be considered, no later than May 14, 2013.
- Transfer Outgoing Application
- Transfer Scholarship Essay Form
- Transfer Scholarship Recommendation Form
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Jefferson State offers numerous scholarships in the form of tuition waivers. Information for these scholarships is available in the respective divisions.
High School Senior
|Financial Aid Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ambassadors||Robin Guinn||(205) email@example.com|
|Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship||Criteria|
|Children of Blind Parents||
|Counselors||Financial Aid Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phi Theta Kappa||
Shelby Campus -
Beta Lambda Delta
Shelley Coley -
Pi Pi Chapter
|Recruitment||Rodney Thompson||(205) email@example.com|
|Scholar’s Bowl||Lucy Lewis||(205) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jeff State Singers (32)||Michael Thomas||(205) email@example.com|
Sigma Kappa Delta
Katie Boyer -
|Speech/Debate||Janice Ralya||(205) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tiffany Todd||(205) email@example.com|
|ENACTUS||Phaer Bonner||(205) firstname.lastname@example.org|