Jefferson State Community College scholarships are open to students entering as freshman, currently enrolled students and to students who transfer to other colleges and universities. Either the Donor or the Student Assistance and Scholarship Committee establishes the selection criteria.
Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship
Click for Application. (Deadline: March 12, 2015)
- Scholarships are awarded on yearly basis.
- Shall not exceed one year.
- Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA after two semesters of enrollment.
- Completed 24 hours at Jefferson State Community College.
- Student must exemplify servant leadership, based on resume, essay, and 2 letters of recommendation.
High School Students
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher at the end of their 1st semester senior year
- 22 or higher on their ACT
- Applied for admission to Jefferson State for the fall 2015
- Submit a copy of their high school transcripts showing their grades and GPA after the first semester of their senior year.
Current Jefferson State students - Deadline March 1, 2015.
- must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher
- must have completed 12 or more credit hours at Jefferson State
All applicants must attach a two-page essay and one recommendation to the scholarship application.
The University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) - DEADLINE: March 1, 2015
The University of Alabama is offering a (2) Presidential Scholarships to two outstanding Jefferson State Community College transfer students for the 2015-2016 academic year. The scholarship will cover the cost of tuition for four semesters, provided that the student maintains a 3.0 GPA.
To be eligible, students must have earned an associate’s degree from
Jefferson State, and have maintained a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
Applications for the above scholarships are available in the Financial Aid Office at all campuses
Alabama A&M University - DEADLINE: March 1, 2015
Counselor’s Pick Scholarship
Alabama A& M University is offering one scholarship to a Jefferson State Community College student who will be attending Alabama A&M University for the Fall 2015-2016 academic year.
Students must have applied and been accepted to AAMU for the Fall 2015
semester, have at minimum GPA of 3.3 and have completed at least 12 hours at
Jefferson State upon applying.
If you are interested in this great scholarship opportunity, students must complete a transfer scholarship packet which includes the transfer scholarship application, letter of recommendation and an essay.
Application packets are available on the Jefferson State Community College website under the tab labeled “FINANCIAL.”
- Transfer Outgoing Application
- Transfer Scholarship Essay Form
- Transfer Scholarship Recommendation Form
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Jefferson State offers numerous scholarships in the form of tuition waivers. Information for these scholarships is available in the respective divisions.
High School Senior
|Financial Aid Officeemail@example.com|
|Ambassadors||Robin Guinn||(205) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Thomas E. & Judy M. Merritt Scholarship||Criteria|
|Children of Blind Parents||
|Counselors||Financial Aid Officeemail@example.com|
|Phi Theta Kappa||
Shelby Campus -
Beta Lambda Delta
Shelley Coley -
Pi Pi Chapter
|Recruitment||Rodney Thompson||(205) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scholar’s Bowl||Lucy Lewis||(205) email@example.com|
|Jeff State Singers (32)||Michael Thomas||(205) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Sigma Kappa Delta
Katie Boyer -
|Speech/Debate||Janice Ralya||(205) email@example.com|
|Tiffany Todd||(205) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ENACTUS||Phaer Bonner||(205) email@example.com|