Benefits are paid on the following enrollment schedule:
Fall & Spring Semester Credit Hours
- Full benefits : 12 or more
- Three-fourths benefits: 9 to 11
- Half benefits : 6 to 8
- Less than half time benefits: 5 or fewer (Reimbursement of tuition and fees only)
Summer Semester Credit Hours
- Full benefits: 7 or more hours
- Three-Fourth benefits: 6 hours
- Half benefits: 4-5 hours
- Less than half time benefits: 3 hours(Reimbursement of tuition and fees only)
The initial payment should arrive SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS after the first day of classes or later if the veteran should apply for certification after classes begin.
Information about qualifying pay rates and payment dates for Chapter 30, 34, 35, 32 and 1606/1607 is available only through direct contact between the student and the Department of Veterans Affairs. Go to: www.gibill.va.gov or call 1-888-442-4551.
If you receive the Montgomery GI Bill Chapter 30 or Chapter 1606/1607, you must verify your attendance before payment is processed. You will not receive payment until VA receives your verification. You will have to verify your attendance on the last day of each month. You may do so via the automated telephone system at 1-877-823-2378 or via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)