Proper Attire and Etiquette
Commencement is a dignified occasion honoring important educational accomplishments. Decorum and courtesy are important to you and your family, and to your fellow graduates and their families.Suggested Attire for Women
- dark dress or pants, cool fabric
- dark low heel or flat shoes
- no high collars or bows at the neck
- no corsages or jewelry on the robe
- dark trousers, white shirts, tie is optional
- dark shoes and socks
- no sandals
- Once you have entered the auditorium and have been seated you are expected to remain seated until the conclusion of the ceremony marked by the candidate recessional.
- Improper attire, signs, and insignia will be removed by the marshals.
- Cell phones and other electronic equipment should be turned off.
- Valuables should be left with family members or guests prior to arriving at your assembly location. Do not leave purses, keys, or other personal items in the line-up room or hallway. The College is not responsible for items left in the assembly room, hallways or in the auditorium.
The ceremony should last approximately two hours.