Application ProcessApplication Deadline
Applications are due January 15th. All applicants will receive a letter notifying them of their status by March 15th.Candidates
Admission to the PTA Program is determined on an objective, non-discriminatory basis. Decisions to admit students to both the On-Campus and Online programs are based on the same objective criteria. In regards to eligibility, students must fulfill all College and Program admission requirements. Students who have completed the requirements and all application procedures prior to the deadline will be considered for admission. If a student is completing prerequisite courses during the semester prior to the start of the program, they may still submit an application for consideration. Qualified students are ranked for admission based on a point system for items on file at the time of the PTA application deadline.
1. Students must complete an Application for General Admission to Jefferson State Community College (JSCC) by the application deadline (hardcopy or via online application process).
2. Students must request official college transcripts from all schools attended to be sent to JSCC Enrollment Services by the deadline for evaluation. Enrollment Services, JSCC, 2601 Carson Road, Birmingham, AL 35215-3098
3. Students must request official ACT scores be sent to JSCC Enrollment Services by the deadline. Documentation of ACT scores must be received by Enrollment Services for appropriate testing credit. Address: Enrollment Services, JSCC, 2601 Carson Road, Birmingham, AL 35215-3098
4. Students must submit a completed “Application for PTA Program Admission” by the deadline (including technical standards verification and documented observation hours).
5. Students must submit the PTA application by the deadline to:
JSCC PTA Program
General Studies Building 316
4600 Valleydale Rd
Birmingham, AL 35242
6. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted or considered for admission to the program.
7. Students should address course substitution procedures with a PTA Program Advisor prior to the application deadline.
8. Students considering a request to implement the Health-Related Programs Academic Forfeit Policy must request, in writing, a declaration of academic forfeiture by the deadline. Students should refer to the JSCC Catalog and Student Handbook to review qualifying criteria.
9. Students may need to contact the Alabama State Board of Physical Therapy regarding regulations on licensure if there is a history of treatment for chemical dependency, mental/emotional disorders or due to conviction of a criminal offense.