The mission of the Communications Department is to develop in students a desire for excellence in scholarship, an ability to communicate effectively and an appreciation for the humanities. The department endorses the college's Mission Statement and strives to uphold its commitment to learning.
The department strives to:
- Meet students' needs by providing a variety of learning activities to address diverse learning styles.
- Provide access to instruction through distance learning as well as traditional modes of delivery.
- Prepare students to continue their education at four-year institutions or to enter the workforce.
- Offer courses that allow students to upgrade communication skills and knowledge for personal enrichment or for job advancement.
- Maintain an informed and professional faculty.
The Communications Department offers courses in English, mass communications, speech and theatre. These courses are part of the General Education core in our associate and certificate programs.