Open Computer Lab Guidelines
- You must be a currently enrolled student or community member.
- You will be responsible for saving your own work often as you work at the computer.
- All data is deleted when computers are rebooted. You can use your personal flash, USB devices or as an attachment to your own e-mail. If you have any difficulty in saving your work, in printing, or general computer usage, one of our computer lab assistants will be happy to help you.
- The LSC lab assistants are located at the entrance help desk.
- We do provide head/ear phones. The campus bookstore or any Dollar Store sells inexpensive devices as well. The open computer lab is a study area and all audio must be quietly played using headphones.
- Downloading non-academic files, gaming, and non-academic chat on Learning Success Center/ Open Lab computers is prohibited. We do not offer CD/DVD burning. All copyright laws must be observed.
- Computers are for educational purposes only and all features including printing may only be used for college related materials.
- Altering the settings of the computer is prohibited.
- Snacks and drinks are not allowed in the computer areas.
- Phones should be in quiet mode; and please take all calls outside the Learning Success Center.
- Children are allowed in the computer lab, but only while accompanied by parents, if the parent is not available, please remember to arrange for child care.
- Computer use in the open computer lab is electronically monitored. Be a savvy student/user; do not lose your lab privileges.
- If you do not often save your work, you may lose it. Example: power outages happen.
Anyone violating policies or disrupting the environment will be asked to leave the building and may be referred for Security response and / or disciplinary sanctions.